Monday, June 29, 2009

It Happened...

...It sure did, my little fearless, daring Meag was jumping off the tramp to come into the house, slipped and fell forward, caught herself with her hands and pretty much broke her wrist!! Doc says it's a severe sprain, almost a break, although the radiologist might come back and say it's a break! She has to wear this brace for the next 3-6 weeks! Poor baby, she has to miss out on swimming, her favorite thing to do in the summer. And will I get rid of the tramp? Nope, she'll hopefully be more careful, and hopefully she learned her lesson. So for the next little while, we will be super catering to her, she's already spoiled, this is just going to put her over the top! However, she thinks this is just the best thing ever, a war wound, she wants to show everyone her "cast", all her friends and our neighbors! Silly little thing!



You can kind of tell, the wrist on the right is a little malformed.

4 comments:

Resch family said...

Oooohh poor thing! Isn't it so hard to watch your kids suffer? It sucks it happened in the middle of Summer but then again it's good it didn't happen in the middle of the school year. Have her call and talk to Alyssa so they can share stories. Miss you girl!

The Cooks said...

Such a sad picture! I broke my arm on a tramp, pretty bad, the bones were almost coming out of my skin. It didn't stop me from jumping though!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry hopefully she recovers fast.I expect to have a lot of those in the future. Hopefully she is still able to enjoy her summer.

Summer said...

She is such a brave little girl and Linds I would keep the trampoline too!! :)