We started our evening out with changing our movie time cause the sitter for Sara's daughter, Gabby, was a little late. So instead of the 4 o'clock, we had to go to the 7 o'clock one. We decided to go to dinner first, Z'Mariks kids eat free Saturdays. Dinner was great, kids were very well behaved, a first. We then went to the movie, GREAT movie, loved it, the girls loved it, we will be owning that one plus the sound track! We hit the bathroom to empty our bladders from all the excitement and drinks. We piled into the van, my lovely trusty wonderful van and headed home. I decided, "well, since the kiddos are tired and I am too, I'll take a shortcut home". So I took one, a nice little dirt road I hadn't driven on in a couple months. I was just cruising along at my usual pace, faster than most, and...well...it was kinda wet from the rain this week...and well, there was this monster mud pit that looked smaller than it was and I tried to avoid it...but it didn't happen. I got the van stuck, badly stuck. It was almost like it was high centered but opposite, the bumpers were lifting the tires off the ground...almost! Sara and I were laughing hysterically! Of course this would happen to us, at 9:30 at night. Sara got out to see if she could just give it a little nudge to get it moving, cause I wasn't about to get out and ruin my amazing red Ann Klein shoes, she stepped in a huge mud puddle, good thing she had her flip flops on! I love that I have a friend that will laugh with me about something like this, rather than get annoyed! I called Matt to see if he would get a tow truck out to us. Lets just say he was not the happiest person. But Sara and I got a great laugh out of it. Anyways, we are out, my van looks like I took it diggin, and this is another dumb thing I did with the vehicle that everyone can tease me about! How was your night?
The stuck van, you cant see it well but that was the better side, the other
side was worse, much worse!

Sara's foot after she tried to nudge us out unsuccessfully
thanks for trying girl!
the kiddos chillin waiting for the tow truck

Sara and I enjoying the moment

Meag pooped out waiting

Finally out of the bog, my tires were caked!
Good ol' James my tow man, what a guy!
He was great! I asked him "please tell me you've seen worse before"
he just laughed and said oh ya!
2 comments:
What else would you have to blog about though if you didn't have adventures like this one. Sounds fun!
LINDSAY, r u kidding me!!!! what an adventure??? i don't know what else to call it! this is what happens when there is too much estrogen in one place! i LOVE that you laughed. i want to be more like that. i know i would have handled that VERY differently. i'm proud of ya for making the best of it! oh, btw... your friend is a saint!
great post! good laugh! love ya!!!
Post a Comment