Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hope your not easily offended!

I'm kinda sick of getting these letters about this same sex marriage thing, write a letter to your state capital yadda yadda yadda... I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's the beauty of free speech, however, it's not ok to send a letter like that, that has nothing to do with the ward or stake, through church email systems!!! I'm sorry but I feel very strongly that if people choose to take vows with the person they love, whether it be the same sex or not, it is for them to decide, not anyone else! It is not for me or you to point your freakin finger at someone who could end up being your best friend or be the person to change your life , hell, they might even be your brother or sister and you don't know it, and telling them that what they are choosing is bad and they are going to burn in hell, or they are not on Gods good side, or whatever! However, like I said, we are all entitled to our own opinion, I like to think I am a very open minded person, I have opinions, but I don't try to push them on someone else through church emails. Come on, are you kidding me! As far as the church is involved, California, section 8, all the persecution and bad publicity that happened, I don't know, but I don't really want that to happen here. Do you? Don't use the church to send political emails!!! That just pisses me off! Thank you for your time. Good night.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

I love this post because we have a similar problem in our ward. It's on a smaller scale but still BUGS!! We live in a community with a Homeowners Association and this guy (who I might add hasn't come to church in YEARS). Logged onto the church website, got all of our emails and sends out extremely CRAZY emails at least once a week. He rants and raves about the HOA Board and picks on people individually and if you email him back and asked to be removed from his list, he goes off to everyone about you and how ignorant you are. BUGS BUGS BUGS!! I also am sick of the same sex marriage debate vote how you want and then keep it to yourself people! Sorry I just went off!!