Saturday, February 21, 2009

Samantha has a potty mouth!!


Samantha has lately picked up an eclectic choice of words to try out at home! She officially has started that phase...trying out words on her parents or little sister. For example:


The other morning, as I was getting ready for school, and running very late

Sam: Mom will you get me breakfast please?

Me: Nope, I'm really late, Daddy will in a bit, go get ready for school!

Sam: PLEASE GET ME BREAKFAST!!

Me: Sam, no, settle down, wait a few minutes for daddy to get up, go get ready!!!

Sam: FINE!

She runs to her room shuts the door and lays on her bed. All the while Meag is on the bed in a Disney trance like state, and comes out of it because she is worried about Sam. So the next thing I hear is Meag going into her room to talk to Sam.

Meag: Sam? Are you ok? Whats wrong?

Sam:(at the top of her lungs) CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR!!


Wow, she got into big trouble that morning. I was totally speechless...because I was laughing so hard!! Matt was zonked through the whole thing! I asked her where she learned that word (seeing as how it my favorite expletive) and she said at school. And so it begins!!!


Now Meag always asks me if damn is a bad word. Always. She knows, she's just testing the waters... and they are frigid!!

3 comments:

The Cooks said...

I remember when I was 6 or 7 I was playing pretend at a friends house and I said that same EXACT phrase...let's just say I wasn't invited to play at that friends house again. Don't worry though, I learned my lesson.

Summer said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I would have been laughing my butt off too. So cute!!

Courtney said...

Ha ha! I'm sorry, but I am still laughing. And it's because Drew will probably start that one soon....seeing that I am the one at our house whose words sometimes aren't the best.

Good luck with that.