Monday, January 26, 2009

It's been a while

I know, it's been a while... like a whole month! It has been kind of busy around here. I can't even think where to begin. January has been a crazy month. The girls got sick, I took my senior finals (passed the crap out of them!), looking for a new place to live, in Waukee, and lots of other less important yet necessary things. I have not even taken that many pictures! Don't worry, it's not as long as it looks, and you are definitely not required to read it all or even skim!

The girls were so excited to go back to school after break, they missed their friends and frankly they missed the routine, (and mom and dad are just plain boring!). Sam has remained very healthy throughout this season of bugs, however, Meag is just bug prone! I swear if there's a bug to catch, she's going to catch it! That and the fact that she licks everything! Seriously. She licks the freezer doors at the supermarket, the cart, the car door, the table(ie. restaurant...), her bed... I could go on! Anyways, she has had strep, tonsillitis several times, we are thinking of getting her tonsils taken out, they are ginormous, like bigger than normal kids her age when they aren't inflamed, cold upon cold, yeast infections, UTI's... healthy girl there!
We got Meagan enrolled for the 5 day preschool next year, I wish we could put her in Kindergarten early, she would be so ready!! She always sings and dances wherever she is whatever she is doing, it's singing and dancing while doing it! She is loving barbies and dolls, especially her sisters American Girl doll, and of course princess/barbie movies. She LOVES playing on the computer, and navigates it very well. She is having fun teasing and playing with the dog Belle, as long as belle isn't chewing up her things, it's all good!

Sam is loving school , she is getting the hang of the reading thing, sounding out her letters and such, she loves it and is very impatient to read on her own! She is so silly and enjoys to make Meag laugh by doing silly things, she is definitely her fathers daughter! Her and Meag are thick as thieves...and enemies, just depends on the day and time of the day! She loves to play with her American Girl doll, Samantha, and style her hair and dress her in all the fantastic clothes and shoes Grandma has sent. She also loves to choose out her own clothes, and style her own hair(these two things not always turning out how anal me likes them, but gotta let her learn somehow!) She LOVES to play games, card games board games, as long as she has someone to play with, namely me. She rocks at games though, she totally kicks our butts at Monopoly Jr.. Sam has been loving all the snow we are getting, especially the snow days! Her and Meagan will play out in it forever! Then they come in and ask for hot chocolate but only eat the marshmallows!

They have such opposite personalities, it is a joy to watch them both grow and learn and gain their little quirks! Sam has to have her socks on inside out! Meag well, she just has to act like princess Giselle (Enchanted) everywhere we go. Watch the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about, her hand gestures, the tilt of her head. Sam is now in CTR 6 and is so excited about it. Meagan is finally in Sumbeams! I thought she would die of boredom in Nursery for the 3rd year running, but she didn't, thanks to her amazing teachers! Sam loves giving the talk and scripture and prayer in Primary, and Meag can't wait for her turn! (If you are clueless as to what I just said click here as it pertains to my religion.)

Matt is so stinking busy, the guy is working round the clock! He is such an amazing husband and I am so thankful for him! Working full time and part time and watching the kids almost full time, he is such a mister mom, and all to support me going to school! He is however looking forward to my graduation day even more than I am I'm sure! He has been looking hard for a home to buy/rent, he is sick of living here, even though they are nice apartments, we need to get into a home! I believe we found one, but that's a whole different post. He is busy with the fire department here in Waukee still, and loves it, and still loves his full time job even though he gets the most idiotic calls, I might get one from him and post it for your enjoyment! (for those who don't know what he does, he is an emergency 911 dispatcher for our county here) He is so wonderful to me and the girls, of course, but I just have to say how much I love him and appreciate him, he is my light, he makes me laugh when I think I never will do so again, he makes me melt with how wonderful he is with the girls and how sweet he is to me! I can't ask for a more attentive more loving more amazing man than Matt! Thanks babe for all you do and all the support you have given me while going through school and crazy times! I love you!

Me, I have been busy. I have no life outside of school and watching the kiddo's! I eat, sleep and drink hair! I LOVE it! I will graduate the first week in March. I never thought the day would come. I took my finals at school this last week and rocked them! I got great marks and am pumped to take the state boards so I can cut hair in a rockin salon! That is as soon as I find one, I find I never have time to go look, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous, what if I'm not good enough, stylish enough, cute enough, smart enough!!!! AAAAHHHHH It's a very stressful thing. So not much going with me, at least not to report on. I haven't been sick the whole of school and last Friday I went home with this stomach crap, stomach ache and all that goes along with it, oh man, I haven't felt that sick in 3 years, it was awful. I have been busy doing what we call "kitchen hair" and am flattered because I just feel I am not that amazing, however, I can't turn it down I love it too much and the more you do the more you learn! So, there is an update, not just for you but for journaling purposes!




4 comments:

Resch family said...

Lindsay. I know it's hard to keep up with the blog. It's nice to hear about what you've all been up to. The girls are adorable, it looks like you've had your hands full lately. Congrats on passing your finals. What a load off your shoulders. I'm sure you'll do great on boards and be able to find a sweet job in a nice salon. But it's normal to worry about things like that. You have a beautiful family.

Jamie said...

so i wrote a 3 page comment on this post last night and the dag-gum computer gave me an error! rats! so i'll say it again... i started off with "it's ALIVE" (in my dr. evil voice) i was wondering where you were. so glad your finals are over! you will find the perfect house and salon to rock out! your girls are just darling, and i love seeing where they are and all they are learning right now. i also think you are so sweet when you talk about matt. i know you love him so much, he really is a great guy! oh, and belle is a goofy pup... eating olives. lol
love ya lou!
oooh... mickey and sylvia just came on. i'm going to stay a little longer and listen to the tunes!

Summer said...

Lindsay you are so cute. Thanks for the update (finally) but hey you are super busy so it is ok. Congratulations on the finals. That is so AWESOME and you will find the perfect salon to work in and they will love you. Who wouldn't?? Your girls are so darling and I know what you mean finally Sunbeams!! Cameron is doing ok he has a hard time sitting through sharing time but he is getting better. He is learning so much. I love it!! Good Luck with the house hunting. It is fun so enjoy it!! Love ya tons - Summer

Unknown said...

I hear the news that your are going to come back to the "true" ward. That is great! We are excited to have you...now you guys can come over for dinner sometime since you have dogged my invitations lately!