Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sams day

Well, today was ten times better than yesterday!! We figured things out with Sam and her teacher and she got on the bus this morning with a smile and half a hug for Matt!! She had a great day and her teacher and VP texted me today to tell me she was all smiles and friendliness and had a great time with her friends!
I feel relief, knock on wood it will stay the same from now on! I am feeling better today, not such a terrible mom! It never helps being gone all day and only having time to feed them dinner, give them a bath, read a book and put them to bed, then fall into bed exhausted myself!!!
I miss the children while I am at school and feel terrible at the insecurity and fright they must feel at being away from me at school and other places! I get frusterated that I can't be there to comfort them when they need it! I makes me feel good knowing she has a great teacher, and has had, that really care for their students and love them and want them to be happy. Her teacher and VP are so great and caring, her teacher has called me every night to let me know how Sam has been doing and she is always happy and caring, and Sam loves her and that says alot! Wish us luck for the next 2 weeks, I think thats how long it will take for her to settle into school!
I have to say how proud I am of Sam and Meag, they are so brave and so smart! I love them so much and enjoy being their mother more than anything, it is such a blessing having them in my life!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad and I hope she does SO good in school. She is the sweetest little girl. I got to see Meag today at preschool and she is just darling. Your hair looks HOT and I love it on you!

Thanks for thinking my kids are cute, that is exactly how I feel about yours!!!

Summer said...

I am so glad that she did so much better. I was thinking about her a lot yesterday!! Miss you guys tons ~ love ya Summer

Jamie said...

WOW Lindsay Lou, what a week!!! I'm so happy she's doing better. She wears her heart on her sleeve. I sure love Sam!!!
You're a wonderful mom, and that is why she's doing so well. Don't think your over protective. Your giving her self esteem, she knows she is loved so much by her mom! Your doing fantastic!
I love you to death, and miss you like crazy!!!
Give both girls a big hug and kiss from auntie Jamie

Andrea said...

First of all--I seriously can't believe you actually have a "kindergartner" on your hands Lindsay! Thats crazy. She looked so cute on her first day of school by the bus stop. She has grown up so much. Hopefully it will just keep getting easier for her to adjust to school and all the new changes she's had recently.

Ok so I ran into Matt yesterday at Meet The Teacher and decide that the Morris' definitely need to get together with the Sprauge's. SO Tues 9th work??? Lets do it girl

Resch family said...

I finally had a chance to read through your last few posts...you poor thing. I hope things are going much smoother now. I wouldn't blame yourself at all. You are a great mom....you'll see I bet Meag will jump out of the car before it stops and run inside the school without waving goodbye when she starts kindergarten. I think it all has to do with their personalities. Love you guys.