Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Randomness

Sam had her first week of school last week and she loved it! She did great. Monday was great too, I had my day off, took her to school, she gave me a hug, a smile, a kiss, another hug, I was feeling so proud of her! Meag and I went and spent the day together, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, mall fun, home to wait for Sams bus. She had a great day, loved it! K- so Tuesday rolls around and she does not want to go to school. Says she hates it. Wants to spend the day with mommy and Meag. Matt dropped her off with struggle and a tearful goodbye and went home. Wednesday morning rolls around and she is freaking out!! Does not want to go to school, stomach ache, tired, says she hates it, says all the teachers get mad at her and all the kids are mean to her. She wants to spend the day with mommy and go grocery shopping (yawn) and shop, like mommy and Meag do. Aaahhhhh, I got it. Sibling jealousy. And quite a bit of seperation anxiety too. Matt and I took her to school to talk to the VP to see what we can do to make the transition easier. We all met in the office (Sam thinking we were just there to talk and then going home) to talk through all the issues she was pulling out of her backpack, she admitted to lying about all the kids being rude, and the teachers too, and she just didn't want to go to school, she was afraid the teacher was going to leave her in the lunchroom and not get her after recess, and she wanted to have fun at home with Meag and daddy!! She was pulling on my heartstrings, little stinker knows how to play me! We decided to put her on the bus in the morning too instead of Matt taking her and going both ways on the bus. The VP decided halfway through the meeting and after Sam was done talking, that she ought to take Sam to her class without us. So she took Sam out of my arms kicking and screaming with this look on her face that I had betrayed her to the deepest degree, "Mommy, NO Mommy, please!!" WOW. I felt like crap. I could hear her all the way down the hall, even with the door closed. I had tears streaming down my face, and Matt is chuckling, yes I said chuckling. I was crying and Matt was laughing. What the hell is so funny about this whole situation??! Nothing. We finished our conversation with her about how to make the transition easier, got some good ideas and left. As we were leaving, they had a practice fire drill...if there is one thing that Sam does not like it's loud loud noises. I thought wow, this is really going to help her this morning! An hour after I left her at school, the VP texted me to tell me she was doing great, playing, smiling and laughing! So what I thought was going to be a great experience, has lately sucked. But we shall survive, we will get through this, I know she is ready for school and all it has to offer her! She sure does know how to tug on these cold heartstrings of mine though!! I need to get over this overprotectiveness of mine and just let her spread her wings (like letting her ride the bus to and from, and riding her bike around to the back of the house...) Anyways. I am done venting, I'm not sure this post makes sense at all but I got it off my chest and feel a little better! I hope every one's first week back to school was a little better than mine!!

3 comments:

The Allred Family said...

Oh Lindsay, my heart would break, too! I am sorry that it took a turn for the worse. Hopefully that was all it took to get her back on track. I am not looking forward to that. I can imagine that she felt scared and nervous that she would be left behind. Sad! You should get Sam and Ashlyn Nance together. They just moved to Maple Grove and Ashlyn started Kindergarten, too. She rides the bus. Maybe if they could see each other on the bus and walk in together, that would make it easier. Give me call if you want her number. I hope it gets better!

Summer said...

What can I say Mark would probably be laughing too. Sam is strong and she will do great. Seeing how I have never done this I can't say anything to console you. I am sorry though. We miss ya tons.
~Love Ya Summer

ConnecticutUre's said...

Linds,,,,all I have to say is Destry would be laughing and did at me with Brynn, don't worry it will all work out. I am glad that you were able to go the school and talk it through with the adminstrators, that shows a great deal of love that the school has for the kids, wonderful, great, it will make everything better. Hey at least yours wanted to stay with you, Keagyn didn't want to come home with me...chew that one over for a while...
Love, Loni