Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS

So, today is Christmas Eve, and Matt is upstairs sleeping from working graveyard last night, and the girls and I are downstairs playing, listening to Christmas music (I know, I know), and cleaning for Santa to come and visit. So I was just thinking that this Christmas Season is more pleasant than last years, because, I'm sure, Matt is here, and not just for 10 days, and for some reason, (maybe age) the girls are way more excited for Santa, snow and everything else! It is so much fun watching them get excited when we see Santa at the mall (which they have been to visit him maybe 10 times since he has been here), sing the music, (from memory), try to peek at the presents under the tree, and enjoy the humorous movies Matt picks out (it's Matt, we know they are weird!) They sat through all of The Christmas Story last night, it was our family movie night, Matt picked the movie, and they thought it was so funny, they laughed at Ralphie and his antics toward getting his Red Rider Carbine action blah blah blah BB gun. Our movie tonight is going to be a Nativity one, so they get the reason of this season, we have talked about it, and read about it, and I can't wait for them to get older and understand more that we are really celebrating the birth of Christ, and not Santa visiting! Anyways, normally I don't love this season, I feel it's rushed and crowded and dramatic and all that crappy stuff, however, I have enjoyed this season this year, it makes it more fun when you have children, and I just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and Merry New Year!! This is Scrooge signing off!! Bah Humbug!




3 comments:

Debbi said...

Merry Christmas guys! I refuse to vote for your thing because I don't think you are airheaded - but Wade says he wants to vote, so if you get a lot of crazy votes, you know it's from your great home teacher ahahahah!

Anne-Marie said...

Merry Christmas! I love this time of year more and more. I think I'm more excited for the whole santa thing than b is, but then I get to do the fun part...SURPRISING! :) have a great one!

Andrea said...

Very cute gingerbread house....(gotta love Costco!) I hope you guys had a fun Christmas morning with your cute girls!